Ocean Shores Public School is a modern, well equipped school in a beautiful bushland setting. Students are taught by a professional and experienced teaching staff, ably supported by wonderful teacher aides and a highly skilled office management team.
Special features include:
* Quality programs in Literacy and Numeracy, as evidenced by Basic Skills Test results consistently above state and regional averages;
* Learning programs in all Key Learning Areas that reflect syllabus guidelines, as well as meeting departmental priorities and individual needs;
* A Student Welfare Policy that develops positive relationships between students and teachers, and that develops core values such as care, respect, fairness and co-operation;
* Reading Recovery program, as well as support programs in learning, behaviour and autism;
* Opportunities for students to participate in state, regional, zone and district sporting and creative arts programs;
* Quality Home Reading, Technology, and Homework Policies;
* An active and supportive Parents & Citizen Association, which oversees a canteen that follows the Healthy Schools Canteen Policy;
* A support unit for students with moderate and severe intellectual disabilities;
* Modern facilities including air-conditioning in all classrooms, full-size hall/gymnasium, covered outdoor learning areas, and technology and internet facilities.